Welcome to the Harty Family History Site!

This site is dedicated to researching the Harty Family in the United States of America. Drawing our lineage back to Hans Jacobsen Hartje, immigrating from Bern, Switzerland and arriving in America on April 16, 1663 in New Amsterdam (modern day New York City), our line has been based out of Southeast Missouri since the late 1790's. The primary aim of this site is to gather the family together from across the Nation and even the entire world, as we seek to number our family and take pleasure in the diversity of each individual in the Harty Family.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

I've heard this before, but I've never seen the actual video of it. I wasn't quite born at the time! I think this is really all one needs to know to wonder why someone would want to be an American...a citizen of the United States of America.

And if they couldn't make this Pledge, then they shouldn't be admitted as a citizen. And if they are a lazy, unproductive American...well, I don't rightly know what to do to help them!

This is from the Red Skelton show, June 14, 1969.



Follow this link (it isn't on YouTube..) Someone made this with the same audio, but with a picture of Red and with patriotic pictures in the background.

Red Skelton's Pledge on PatriotLink

I surely pledge my allegiance to the greatest country to ever grace the earth. I know this is why my ancestors came here, lived here, fought to protect their families when needed, and then went back to making their lives and others as good as they possibly could...all under the protection of the laws of the land.

I love the United States of America and hope and pray that is always here...for myself and posterity!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the clip on Red Skelton. He is my all time comedienne, and he was just a great man, and in his own way, a servant to Heavenly Father. He taught many people over the years to be happy, positive, to choose the right and yes he taught them to be good citizens while realizing their own self worth. I loved him, looked forward to his programs on the radio and later on television and I still hold him in reverence to this very day. I am glad that you found his wisdom and his clean humor. This would be a good thing for home evening or for home schooling. I pray with all my heart that those living in the boundaries of this great country, a nation brought into being by Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ, would appreciate their country, learn more about why it was created and why we must all work hard to preserve the freedom to worship God as we please, speak our minds (within the restraint of courtesy and decency) and insure that the people of this country have the opportunity to set goals, achieve those goals and have the means of taking care of their families.

Thanks for posting his rendition on your blog site. May the Lord continue to bless you and your beautiful, wonderful family. I love you all with all of my heart.
Give everyone a hug and kiss for me and pass the wishes on to them.

Dad

CSA Brent said...

Thanks Dad...I appreciate all the kind words and sentiments and couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brent that was a very moving piece, and it was the first time I had heard it. I guess I was outside playing went it aired the first time. So much truth it hurts.
Love Aunt Ramona

CSA Brent said...

Thanks Aunt Ramona...glad you liked it and I'm glad that you've heard this great narrative now!

Anonymous said...

I very much agree with you all. Thank you Brent for posting the video of Red.

CSA Brent said...

Glad you liked it and my pleasure Celesta. I hope all is well out West with you and family. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Things are well, thank you. :) Hugs and have a good one.